Tuesday 1 September 2009

Work, Rest and Plane!

WORK.....Ok so I spent most of today on the phone to Reuters trying to sort out the flaming prices for the Mutual Funds - Offshore etc...now before you all leap in an bay for my blood...I am not an Investment Banker, I am mearly in IT and have spent the day playing around deleting Journals and swapping .dat files.....Yawn!!! However, I have fixed it so I can sleep easy in the knowledge that the overnight update will go through and probably brake the whole thing all over again!

REST.....On the upside, I just watched 'Defiance' which was a really good movie. Sad, moving and yet had a couple of lines in it that made me laugh. Another true story of the brave people that fought to save the Jews from the Nazi's. I have to confess that 'Schindlers List' is excellent although I have to be in the right frame of mind to watch it. Oh joy, 'Gladiator' is out on Blu ray next week. I am selective about what I buy on Blu ray, well I have most movies on DVD so I tend to go for the good stuff like 'Man on Fire', 'Bladerunner' and 'Lord of War'. I must admit that if you liked Man on Fire (I think it's amazing) then watch 'Deja Vu' Denzel Washington again but, another great one....
PLANE......Right I know you did not get one at the War Weekend (I seem to be stuck in a military zone at the moment) but here comes the picture of the Lancaster Bomber....you ready...





Meet the 'City of Lincoln' this is one of only two air worthy Lancaster's and is my favourite, I fill up every time I see it go overhead. The other one is located in Canada. We do have one other here but, the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) have not deemed it airworthy, that said it is fully functional and it's called 'Just Jane' (they have had the back wheels off the floor!)

Ok back to the City of Lincoln....it DID fly on the Dambusters raid and for the last couple of years has had it's livery changed to black because on the other side to the one above it's painted up with the decal of the 'Phantom of the Ruhr'. Wait for it.....

Is that not the best sight ever? Kind of guess not if you're not mental like me.....I actually love the drone of the engine, it has a very distinct sound....it's always enough to get me off the chair and outside to look at it.....Well anyway, The City of Lincoln' forms part of the Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight or BBMF which is local to me (about an hour away)

Here endeth today's lesson....

No comments:

Post a Comment