Monday 31 August 2009

History......Oh what a wonderful subject.

Right ok, So as you all know I have been having a ball all weekend participating in a spot of living history...ok, well watching others do it anyway but, I did get my Canon EOS out, and no it was not on AUTO. However I am no great photographer (yet) I did manage these though....
'The Last' Spitfire - later Griffin Engined one but, still a Spitfire none the less. Had real fun trying to keep up with him....

Ok so next up is a lovely Royal Navy Truck which I just loved because, well my daughter is in the Navy, oh and you always see Army and Air force vehicle but, never a Navy one.




Ok so I have saved the best till last, this is an American Airmans Flight Jacket and the gentleman that has it, has quite a few and believe me they are all quite wonderfull. Not only that he has all the details of the Airman they belonged to and photographs too...put a real lump in my throat I can tell you.


I just love history it's such a wonderful thing and as you are all probably gathering by now I am a real softie too! Archaeology, History...Oh I should really indulge you all in my other great passion....The Mary Rose...King Henry the VIII's flagship. Raised from the Solent seabed back in 1983.
You know I really wish I was a bit better at this whole blogging thing but I guess I will get there eventually.....No doubt when I go off at the end of the month I'll have time to play around a bit....I am hoping to play with my camera a bit more because there is not a lot you can do when you are banned from riding, driving and lifting anything heavier than a mug of Coffee! Oh well only 27 days to go...



2 comments:

  1. Wow Fe..I just LOVE stuff like that ..I am a history buff too, but where you live there is so many fantastic historical sites. Someday i hope to visit. I also promise not to do stupid American touristy stuff like try to distract the guards at Buckingham...god that is so annoying... just enjoy them for what they are. :-)

    I have to ask are you a native or a transplant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a native, although I swear I was born in the wrong country...should have been born in the USA! Yes, you should visit.

    We have wonderful sites like Hadrian's Wall (Roman) you would LOVE that...I'll dig out some photo's.

    ReplyDelete