Sunday 30 August 2009

Glen Miller and all that Jazz (well Swing)

I have just had probably one of the best nights out ever!

Spent the day at a War Weekend looking at all the military vehicles and clothing. Then tonight they were having a dance and well I did not want to miss that as they had a leading swing band there. They were amazing!

It is so wonderful to sit and listen to the sounds of Glen Miller (which I love incidentally) Not only that I got some Frank Sinatra thrown in. Oh I just loved it! My feet did not stop tapping all night (not up to dancing at the moment otherwise I would not have sat down). My friend Gerry and I just laughed and listened all night we had loads of fun, her husband thinks we are a bit mental! Oh I can't help it if I still feel 21.

Oh and I bought a reprint of a book first published in 1935 called 'Titanic and other Ships' written by RMS Titanic's first officer Lightoller, a limited edition of a 1000 copies worldwide. I have number 279. It's Lightollers' own account and I can't wait to read it and so I have added it to my 'Recovery' pile of books.

Anyway, I have had a great day and here I am in bed at half past midnight on a laptop because I just had to write it down....there is another day of it tomorrow and I am tempted to go as they are having a fly over by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and I just love that Lancaster Bomber...

You know I am just trying to have as much fun as possible because once the 27th of September arrives I am going to be a bit limited for a month or two. Best enjoy what bits I can now.

Amazing day...

No comments:

Post a Comment