Thursday 10 September 2009

TC, The Wheelbarrow, Water and an H2go Bag!


OK I did not get to blog last night as I was at wedding number one of two this week. This did occur yesterday and well, I thought it was funny....


In the paddock where TC (horse) is I have a large bendy type bucket which I use for his water. I also have an H2go bag which essentially fits inside a standard gardeners single wheeled Barrow. Made of two thick rectangles of heavy duty polythene? there is a bung at one end on the top. You fill it with a hose pipe....you with me so far?


Having filled this up it contains about 15 gallons (UK) of water or a t least it would do if TC had not attacked it last week!! This left it with about 3 holes that water now leaks out of. I filled this up but, had pulled the holed end which is near the Bung so that the water would stay down the back half of the bag. That way I would not loose so much water on the way to the field. So I guess there was a good 13 gallons in the bag.


Off I trundled to the field ant to get to TC's water bucket I have to descend a small 45 degree slope under the bar of the fence..but, the wheelbarrow was slightly front heavy and inevitably as I descended the slope the barrow tipped forward and the bag slithered out upside down onto the floor. GREAT! Whilst this has been going on TC has arrived at the scene eager for a drink of this fresh water and is now starting to poke at the bag which has landed bung side down in the soil. Add to this the fact that it is leaking water so the dry ground is rapidly getting wet..


Now I am 5 ft 2.5 inches and weigh approx 8 and a half stone. I am now trying to wrestle this 3ft by 1 and a half ft square wet, wobbly slimy bag that weighs...well a lot more than I can lift. So I am now starting to get covered in leaking water and mud.


TC on the other hand has decided that the best way to aid the situation is to *help* the only way he can and is desperately trying to bite more holes in the bag. In between laughs, giggles and fending off a 500kg horse, I manage to get the water bucket on to it's side and wrestle the bag into it. I then tip the bucket the right way up and it is in it's correct location. TC now sensing that the end is near is again trying to help by shoving his head into the bucket along with my hands as I desperately try to find the bung to undo it and release the water. So I have both my arms wedged and am fumbling round for the bung and the TC's head is also jammed down one side *helping*...NOT!


Eventually and once I am covered in more wet soil, I find the bung and try to undo it. The weight of the bag landing on the floor has pushed it in an extra couple of clicks and the weight of the water makes undoing it hard. Meanwhile TC is still *helping* by shoving his head in the bucket down the sides of the bag.....about 5 mins later I manage to wrestle the bung free and release the water.....much to TC's great satisfaction.


Result - TC happy with water supply, me very dirty and in need of a wash and a 5 minute job that took twenty!!


1 comment:

  1. I love it when the animals help....I don't have a huge horse, just a small daucshund...but, he does the best he can helping in the garden, usually digging up what I just planted.....

    ;o)
    S

    ReplyDelete