Sunday 20 September 2009

The last Sunday


Well this is my last sunday. This time next week I'll be in! Gosh it's come round quick. Blood test Wednesday for cross matching purposes but, that's enough of that.


Right so I went shopping today as it was my last chance to grab some odds and ends. You know just a few essentials...OK OK I got Gladiator on Blu Ray!!!! Medicinal reasons I swear :-) I also bought a set of extreemly tiny drill bits for my Dremmel so I can start work on the hull once I am back. Hey I should start a Titanic model blog!


TC and I had a good workout and he went well, makes me hopeful for a good run in the Championships. Have two classes on Thursday first. I am going to treat them as a dry run to help settle my nerves. I seriously don't expect him to place this year as there are some seriously more experienced horses out there but, he has qualified and I never expected him to qualify at all, so that is an achievement in itself. If I can go out there and have a good run on him, I'll be happy.


I have the McTimoney chiropractor coming tomorrow to check him over and adjust accordingly. McTimoney stimulates muscle groups to correct defects as opposed to trying to alter the joint itself, if that makes sense? TC has a slightly rotated pelvis that we are working on from where he had to stand badly because of his injuries. The muscle tone is back but, we need to straighten the pelvis. He has excercises to do and it's working slowly but can take a while to sort.


My stuff is sorted for the Championships, I just need to clean my saddle etc. I'll do that tomorrow after work. Have to iron a couple of things to pack for me.


Now if I could just find a cure for my nerves.......

2 comments:

  1. Wow...really a Chiropractor for the horse? That is amazing. How do they make adjustments with a horse? Despite the tremendous amount of strength that would take I would think thew horse freaks out.It sounds expensive..

    As for your prep..I dunno Fe..but I use a lot of visualization and that helps me. I do run throughs ove rand over in my head. i tmakes me more comfortable and it does not take as much of my physical energy away

    Bon chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a star, you know that! Thanks, I'll try those. You must have to remember complex patterns with the Drum and Bugle Corps?...

    Not expensive about $35 ish. TC's pelvis is now pretty much were it should be so I guess that's worth the money. She has been tree times so thats $105 for a fix, way cheaper than the vet.

    She does not manipulate the joint, she uses massage techniques to stimulate the muscles, I then back this up with stretching exercises and work and et voila...a happy horse!

    Fe x

    ReplyDelete